This week, Brian, Faisal and Mike discuss the coming of age of Robots & AI and what it means for us. We touch upon the various conferences we will be attending, covering and speaking in. The undocumented work, couple that with the recent news of the eliminating the US $100 Bill, what does all this mean. What has history taught us about value transfer and control.
- Boston Dynamics Robots
- Kyle Hill speaking at SXSW http://schedule.sxsw.com/2016/events/event_PP55192
- The Weinstein Company Is Making a TV Show Based on Jason Calacanis’s Launch Festival http://recode.net/2016/02/26/the-weinstein-company-is-making-a-tv-show-based-on-jason-calacaniss-launch-festival/
- The Financial Lives of Undocumented Immigrants (February 25, 2016, creditslips.org)
- Getting Rid of Big Currency Notes Could Help Fight Crime (February 22, 2016, nytimes.com)
- Southwest Airlines® Introduces Pay With Amazon, Enhancing Customer Experience Onboard WiFi-Equipped Aircraft (February 24, 2016, prnewswire.com)
Our Speakers in this week’s episode:
Also available on iTunes.
Otter Labs -> Otter helps startups hire talented inexpensive developers faster through staff augmentation, focusing on Argentina.
Redeeem -> Redeeem is a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange that lets you save 15% or more on gift cards using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.