PayAnywhere & Apple Deal, and How 1099 vs. W-2 Works in Service Based Marketplaces
This week Brian and Mike cruise through recent news, giving insight to the recent PayAnywhere & Apple exclusive partnership, breaking down what it takes to get a successful partnership with Apple. We chat about the international world of payments in Kenya’s recent partnership with PayPal and end discussing the changing landscape of 1099 independent contractor models vs W-2 employee model and what the implications are in today’s world.
- Etsy’s new app to pay local artisans
- PayAnywhere exclusive for Apple $5000 free Apple Pay transactions.
- Apple pay, September 9th announcements
- Social: ** Why Has “Social” Failed In Fintech? (techcrunch.com)
- PayPal to ‘Unlock Global Marketplace’ in Kenya (pymnts.com) Intersection of the financial machine with business & community creation and growth
(possible topic title?)
- Bank Activity: ** Wall Street banks have changed the way Silicon Valley’s top startups raise money (businessinsider.com)
- Independent contractor 1099 vs W-2 discussion in service based marketplaces
Our speakers in this week’s episode:
Also available on iTunes.
Otter Labs -> Otter helps startups hire talented inexpensive developers faster through staff augmentation, focusing on Argentina.
Redeeem -> Redeeem is a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange that lets you save 15% or more on gift cards using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.