This week, Brian, Faisal and Mike discuss a wide variety of topics, and in between these, we talk about Apple Car, Edward Snowden, Strangulation by Regulation, Wall Street pressure, Jack Ma of Alibaba to Jack Mama!
- Summit at Sea
- Square IPO
- Barclays fined again
- Martha Stewart moves to Amazon’s Handmade platform
- Amazon first physical store
- Most US consumers plan to go to Amazon.com for their online holiday shopping, rather than going to malls and shops, finding parking, weathering the cold days and testing their patience
- Apple to partner (acquire?) Postmates
- Samsung Pay is coming to budget phones. The Korean mobile phone maker says it will be offering Samsung Pay on both its mid and low end handsets.
- Silicon Valley Bank survey shows 43% think regulatory red tape is main hurdle to growth in fintech growth,
- In an interesting development, a UK government report cites that “digital currencies pose lowest money laundering risk”
- China’s Alibaba Singles Day Sale: $14.3 Billion in 24 hours. Up 60% from last year’s record: $ 9.3 Billion.
Our speakers in this week’s episode:
Also available on iTunes.
Otter Labs -> Otter helps startups hire talented inexpensive developers faster through staff augmentation, focusing on Argentina.
Redeeem -> Redeeem is a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange that lets you save 15% or more on gift cards using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.